Easy Dill Pickle Keto Coleslaw
Dill pickle keto slaw is an easy low carb summer salad perfect alongside fish, chicken, kebabs and other grilled meats.
Ready in no time, this keto friendly coleslaw uses simple ingredients and has just 5.3g of net carbs per serving (a little over a cup)!
Share this now!
Seriously do it.
Why You Will Love This Keto Slaw
- No cooking and very little prep means you can whip this up quickly while your dinner is on the grill
- Crunchy and fresh, this keto summer slaw pairs well with all kinds of grilled meats, great for patio season
- Very low in net carbs, most of which come from fresh vegetables
- This low carb recipe is fully vegetarian so it can be enjoyed by everyone at the table
What You Need to Know
The Creamy Dill Dressing
- Slice the garlic into paper thin slices to minimize the bite of raw garlic in the slaw.
- Allow the dressing to sit and rest so the dill and raw garlic can infuse the rest of the ingredients to mellow and distribute the flavours.
- Both fresh and dried dill can be used for dill pickle colesaw, keep in mind that dried dill is far more intense than fresh dill. If using fresh dill, use 3 tablespoons for every 1 tablespoon of dried dill.
The Slaw Mix
- The basic slaw mix contains cabbage, onions, green onions, and pickles. Feel free to mix it up by adding radishes, carrots, red onion, or any of your other favourite veggies.
- White or green cabbage provides that classic coleslaw crunch, but any type of cabbage can be used in its place such as Napa, or savoy cabbage. Even shredded lettuce can be used to create a dill pickle keto salad.
Easy Keto Dill Pickle Coleslaw
- Knife and Cutting Board
- large salad bowl
- small mixing bowl
- serving tongs
- 7 cups cabbage sliced/shredded
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- 2 stalks green onion finely chopped
- 5 medium dill pickles quartered and sliced thin
Creamy Dill Coleslaw Dressing
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill dried or fresh (triple the amount for fresh dill)
- salt and pepper
Creamy Dill Coleslaw Dressing
- Peel and clean garlic and slice in half lengthwise, turn and slice garlic into paper thin slices.
- Add sliced garlic to a small mixing bowl along with pickle juice, mayonnaise, mustard, dill. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow the dressing to sit and marinade while you prepare the coleslaw mix.
- Cut chunks of cabbage into manageable portions and using either a sharp knife or a box grater, shred the cabbage into small matchstick like pieces.
- Half and quarter the dill pickles into spears and then cut widthwise into thin quarter slices.
- Clean and peel a small onion and cut into thin matchstick slices along the grain.
- Add everything to a bowl and combine well. Add desired amount of dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste and enjoy!
Take a second to share if you liked this recipe:
What to Serve With Keto Dill Pickle Slaw
Dill pickle keto coleslaw can be enjoyed at any time of the year but it really shines as a low carb summer salad alongside grilled meats such as fish, chicken, pork or beef.
Cajun grilled fish and pork or chicken kebab pairs wonderfully with this slaw recipe.
Try These Other Keto Summer Salads
4 Tips to Master This Recipe
- Let the dressing sit and marinade for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the slaw to let the flavour mellow and infuse with one another.
- Hand Cut the cabbage into very thin shaving-like slices using a sharp knife. If you cannot slice them thin enough, shred using a cheese grater.
- Salt the dressing and the slaw at the end after tasting to avoid over salting, pickles and pickle juice are already quite salty.
- Use some potassium salt (no salt, nu salt, lo salt, lite salt, half salt, etc.) in place of table salt as it is less intense and will give you a nice hit of potassium to ward off the keto flu.