Easy Cheesy Keto Protein Breakfast Scramble
Cheesy keto protein scramble is a simple and hearty low carb breakfast full of crispy fried meats, sautéed peppers and onions, creamy scrambled eggs, and gooey melted cheese. It’s the the perfect lazy keto breakfast!
An easy keto breakfast idea that you can make half asleep and still have on the table in just 20 minutes.
Just 5g net carbs and 28g of protein per serving!
Make this into a keto breakfast burrito with my homemade keto tortillas!
Share this now!
Seriously do it.
What better way to start your morning than a healthy portion of protein packed, low carb, scrambled eggs.
Why You Will Love These Scrambled Eggs
- 5 words: crispy fried meat, melted cheese..
- These scrambled eggs are packed with both protein and flavour
- These cheesy scrambled are a simply satisfying low carb breakfast
- The only thing better than how easy this is, is how quick it is
- Whipping sour cream into the eggs makes them soft, light, and creamy
5 Tips To Master This Recipe
- After frying the meats, drain off a portion of the rendered fat (save for later use!) to avoid greasy scrambled eggs.
- Quickly fry the onions and peppers with meat for about a minute to soften them before adding the eggs.
- Stir in delicate herbs like parsley, cilantro, and scallion after the eggs are cooked to preserve their texture and punch.
- Season the eggs once they are cooked not while they are raw. The meats have salt in them already to season to taste at the end. This also helps avoid watery scrambled eggs.
- Pay attention! Eggs can go from just right to overcooked in under a minute!
Keto Protein Breakfast Scramble
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Large bowl
- Frying Pan
- Cheese grater
- 6 links breakfast sausage sliced
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 4 oz hard salami (such as Genoa) cubed
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 stalks green onion (scallion) sliced
- salt and pepper
Prepare Protein Scramble Ingredients
- Slice bacon, breakfast sausage, and salami into bite sized pieces. Thinly slice onion, bell pepper, and green onions. Grate cheddar cheese and set aside until needed.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and add in the sour cream. Beat with a fork or a whisk until well combined. The mixture should be consistent pale yellow with no unmixed egg whites or sour cream visible.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add raw sliced bacon and sausage. Fry until cooked through, and just starting to brown and crisp. (5 - 8 minutes)
- Add chopped salami and continue to fry until the salami, bacon, and sausage have reached a level of crispness you are satisfied with. If the pan contains a lot of rendered fat, drain off a portion now to avoid greasy eggs (2 - 3 minutes)
- Next add the sliced onions and pepper to fry until softened. (1 minute)
- Stir in egg mixture, and using a spatula begin to combine and scramble everything in the pan. Cook eggs to desired doneness. (3-5 minutes)
- Stir in grated cheese, top with sliced green onion, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Take a second to share if you liked this recipe:
Hey You! Have you checked this out?!
Join our gang and get a first look at some of my low carb recipes!
Become a recipe tester! Just join using the form below and check your inbox for my email! Reply right there and introduce yourself, let me know that you want to help me test yummy keto recipes!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Protein Packed Scrambled Egg Variations
Scrambled eggs are a blank canvas, a playground for almost any flavour combination. Here are some ways you can put your own spin on this recipe.
- Change the meats: Try other types of salami, prosciutto, guanciale, chorizo, taco meat, ham, chicken, turkey, shrimp the possibilities are endless.
- Change the veggies: Adding veggies like mushrooms, hot peppers, garlic, broccoli, asparagus, even zucchini can really change the flavours and textures. Just be careful to fry them appropriately so it doesn’t become too watery.
- Change the theme: Explore flavours from other cultures by adding classic Indian, Mexican, Italian, or Spanish (etc.) ingredients and style your scrambled eggs with different herbs to keep this meal exciting time and time again.
- Add fancy cheeses: What’s better than cheese? More cheese! Try adding feta, Havarti, Gouda, or some creamy melted brie for an elevated and decadent high protein, low carb breakfast!
I know you'll these other twists on scrambled eggs